Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures (SIP&P) for Pension Plans Registered in Ontario
Effective January 1, 2016, the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) will require all organizations sponsoring a pension plan to file their SIP&P via the FSCO online portal by March 1, 2016.
Information to include in the SIP&P:
- The investment philosophy statement
- Permitted asset classes from which investment funds can be selected
- The default investment option
- Statement on whether Environmental, Social & Governance factors were taken into consideration in the selection of investment managers
- Process for monitoring service providers
- Process for selecting, monitoring and terminating investment managers and funds
- Guidance concerning plan expenses and investment fees
We will work with our clients to determine any required changes to ensure their plans meet the legislated requirements. In the meantime, if you have any questions please contact your Pension Consultant or Paul Webber, Manager & Senior Pension Consultant at 1-866-912-6926 ext. 51654 or firstname.lastname@example.org.