May Health Matters
May is Melanoma Awareness Month.
Over the spring and summer, we spend more time in the sun – making it crucial to practice sun safety.
- Use sunscreen with at least SPF 30 whenever you are outdoors (even if it is overcast).
- Always keeps sunscreen with you in case you need it.
- Wear protective clothing: long sleeves, hats and sunglasses.
- Check for new moles, or changes in existing moles, regularly, and contact your doctor if you have any concerns.
- Limit sun exposure during peak hours (10-4).
- Do not use tanning beds.
Visit saveyourskin.ca for more prevention information, as well as resources and support for those with melanoma.