Celebrate! National Employee Benefits Day on April 2, 2015
Created by the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP), the day is intended to recognize benefits professionals and better educate employers and employees about benefit topics.
National Employee Benefits Day will be celebrated on Thursday, April 2, 2015. As part of this year’s celebration, the IFEBP will focus on Wellness 2.0 - “the growing movement to expand employer wellness programs to encompass all areas of total well-being: body, mind, wallet, community and work.” We encourage you to use the day to evaluate your employee benefit offerings.
You can access tips and resources on the Employee Benefits Day website, at www.ifebp.org/aboutus/nebd, including the following:
- Hear from the Experts: tips from industry experts on how to design a wellness program.
- Wellness Done Right: examine case studies, survey reports and more.
- Take a Quiz: How is your overall well-being?
- Ideas to Get Started: sample ideas for body, mind, community, work and financial well-being initiatives
- Plus, a FREE Webinar hosted by the IFEBP on April 2, 2015. Register at www.ifebp.org/aboutus/nebd.
The day is also a time to recognize yourself and your peers for all your hard work and dedication. Give yourself a pat on the back for all that you do.
Here are a few ways you can help celebrate and have a little National Employee Benefits Day fun!
- Employee Benefit Lunch and Learns: review the plan details, promote the online services
- Onsite Massage: bring in an RMT to do 20-minute chair massages for staff
- Benefit Quiz: provide a quiz to staff on the available benefits and offer a prize for the winner
- Healthy Snacks: provide healthy snacks throughout the day with nutrition tips
- Onsite Fitness Class: bring in a fitness professional to offer a class during lunch or after work
Speak with your Benefits Consultant to see if there are other initiatives available to increase the health of your employees.