Storage Insurance for Individuals in B.C.
Contents in Storage
If it’s worth storing, it’s worth insuring!
With Cowan, insuring your stored personal property is easy. Using our secure system you can obtain a quote in a few simple clicks and then buy your insurance online. You’ll have a policy in minutes!
Let's get started!
Before you begin, we recommend reviewing the following topics to ensure you’re eligible and familiar with our self-storage insurance.
All risk coverage
You’re insured for everything except what the policy specifically excludes
Protection from surface water intrusion, flood, earthquake & sewer back-up
Enhanced coverage without the added cost!
Coverage up to $100,000 per policy
Protection up to a maximum of $100,000 per policy with a $500 deductible
Claims services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The storage facility must be located in B.C. in order to be eligible for this coverage
- Coverage for personal property (residential household property owned by you, or others for which you may be liable.)
- Not applicable for motorized vehicles, aircraft, powered watercraft or sailboats
- Maximum limit of $100,000 is available per policy. For multiple units, the limit is a combined total for all units.
View our StorageShield™ insurance policy wording and learn more about the coverage we offer.
How to report a loss
If you have suffered a loss to your stored property, and have a StorageShield™ Policy, obtained through our online quote for British Columbia residents, please call us:
The dedicated claims team at Cunningham Lindsey is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our insurance policy is non-refundable. Once you sign up, the sale is final for the duration of the policy term.
However, we understand that special circumstances may occur. Please contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-912-6926 to discuss your request with a member of the StorageShield™ team.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to store my property at a specific facility to be able to purchase self-storage insurance from Cowan?
The storage facility must be on our list of pre-approved facilities to qualify for coverage. If your facility is not listed, contact our office for approval prior to proceeding with the application.
2. Does this policy provide coverage for business property?
This policy covers your personal property only (residential household property owned by you, or others for which you may be liable.)
3. Will my motor vehicle or watercraft be covered?
Motor vehicles (e.g., cars, trucks, motorcycles, motor homes and coaches) and boats (power or sail) are not insurable under this coverage. Our policies are intended for typical household personal property.
4. Can I purchase coverage for more than one year?
The maximum term available is one year. If you require insurance beyond that term, you can re-apply for another term.
5. What are my payment options?
Payment is made online through a Secure Payment Site. We accept Visa and Mastercard.
6. Can I cancel my policy after I've purchased it?
Our insurance policy is non-refundable. Please see Refund Policy for more information.
705 Fountain Street North, PO Box 1510 Cambridge, ON N1R 5T2
Toll Free: 1-866-91COWAN (1-866-912-6926) 9AM-5PM EST
About Cowan Insurance Brokers
A preeminent Canadian owned and operated insurance brokerage and consulting operation, with over 450 employees, Cowan represents leading national and international insurance companies. Cowan specializes in property and casualty insurance, providing the best value to businesses, organizations and individuals for their insurance and risk management needs.
This program is offered through Cowan Insurance Brokers, and is underwritten by Northbridge General Insurance Corporation and Sovereign General Insurance Company.