We were likely heading into a digital, virtual health care world anyway, but COVID-19 has undoubtedly accelerated the evolution. Countless articles have been published reporting survey findings of what employees want—often undertaken by a digital vendor who tells employers what they should be doing.
Endless trend spotters or digital world visionaries write about the future of digital health, picking the trends that “will dominate the globe in 2021,” but what should an employer be doing for their organization?
- Consider the value of sponsoring access to virtual care as an employer of choice
- Thoroughly evaluate the investment return, such as but not limited to, the cost of the program vs.:
- the cost of absences from work to access care
- the ability of the program to reduce disability durations
- Can current benefit plan dollars be repurposed to fund digital health?
Cowan can help employers learn about all the digital health offerings available and uncover the answers unique to each company. Contact cowangroup.ca today.